Elementary Book Fair
Dear Parents and Guardians:
The Scholastic Book Fair is back this year! This event is a great opportunity for students to add books to their home collection and further their love of reading. All purchases benefit our school. The Book Fair runs from December 6th - December 10th and will be held in the Elementary School Media Center.
Here’s what you need to know about the Scholastic Book Fair:
- All students will be visiting the book fair during their regular Media Center time.
- If your child wants to come later in the week to make a purchase, he/she will need to check with his/her teacher for an appropriate time.
- There is a link to an electronic Book Fair flyer on the Book Fair Homepage Link that lists some of the books that should be at the fair. As a result of the pandemic, there have been some shipping and publication delays. Therefore, some books may not be available, or there may be a limited number of the most popular books. If you are specifying certain books for your child, please list a few options in case some books are unavailable.
- The Book Fair offers a cash-free payment option called eWallet. It’s a convenient digital account that your child can use for shopping at our fair. Grandparents, friends, and others can contribute too! I encourage you to use this as this eliminates the need for your student to bring money into school.
Visit our Book Fair Homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet.
Book Fair Homepage Link
- Tax -- All purchases are taxed at 7.5%. If you are having your child bring in money for specific purchases, please be sure to add the sales tax on to the amount of money you are sending in with your child. The easiest way to do this is to add up the prices of the items and multiply by 1.075. It may be helpful to send in a couple extra dollars to cover the tax.
- Family Night will be Tuesday, December 7th. In order to make your shopping experience as fun and as safe as possible, please do your best to come at the following times:
- 2:30-4:30 - Families who are picking up their students and staff members
- 5:30-6:00 - Families with last names starting with A to C
- 6:00-6:30 - Families with last names starting with D to G
- 6:30-7:00 - Families with last names starting with H to L and R
- 7:00-7:30 - Families with last names starting with M to Q
- 7:30-8:00 - Families with last names starting with S to Z
This is a fully masked event, so please wear a mask at all times in the school and at the book fair.
Please bring a reusable bag as we have a very limited supply of bags.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.