Important Update on Learning Preferences
Dear NCS Parents and Guardians:
First and foremost, I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your learning preferences with us over the past two weeks. Because of your responsiveness, we have been able to identify a plan for instruction this fall. Although we have not yet finalized class rosters or student schedules, I wanted to provide an update before the week comes to a close.
Elementary School Learning Update:
By the end of next week, we will mail letters to parents letting them know who their son or daughter will have as a classroom teacher in the fall. Because the start of the year is quickly approaching, we will also be passing along supply lists so that families can complete back-to-school shopping as soon as possible.
High School Learning Update:
- Parents who Selected “Remote Learning”: We will be able to provide remote instruction for your child or children five days per week this fall
- Parents who Selected “In-Person Learning”: We will be able to provide in-person instruction for your child or children five days per week this fall. In addition, we will be able to meet the transportation needs shared in the Parent Preference Survey
- Parents who Selected “Flexible-Based on District Need”: We are still making final determinations based around available classroom space. Some students will attend in-person classes five days per week while others will access the learning remotely. The final placements will be shared with families next week
We had originally hoped to offer a five day per week “In-Person” learning option for any interested secondary students this fall. Unfortunately, after analyzing parent preference data, it became clear that we would not have the staffing or the space needed to make this goal a reality. Instead, we will be using the hybrid model outlined below, and sharing specific schedules with students toward the end of August.
- Parents who Selected “Remote Learning”: We will be able to provide remote instruction for your child or children five days per week
- Parents who Selected “In-Person Learning” OR “Flexible-Based on District Need”: We have used last names (click here) to divide students into “Team White” and “Team Green” at each grade level. Each week, students in both groups will spend 2-3 days engaged in in-person instruction, and 2-3 days participating in remote learning. To help families plan for the fall, Mrs. Green has put together this calendar (click here) indicating when students will be engaged in each instructional model. Because fewer than 50% of our High School students will be participating in in-person learning each day, we will be able to meet the transportation needs shared in the Parent Preference Survey
Although I hope that this communication provides helpful information when planning for reopening in September, I am sure that most folks still have a number of questions that they would like answered. If that is the case, I would invite you to register for a Zoom conversation next week by filling out this brief Google Form (click here). However, if you have additional questions and would appreciate a phone call from someone at NCS, please do not hesitate to reach out (email@example.com; 585-374-7901).
Hoping this finds you safe, healthy, and well.
- 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 18: High School Conversation on Remote Learning
- 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 18: High School Conversation on In-Person Learning
- 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 20: Elementary School Conversation on Remote Learning
- 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 20: Elementary School Conversation on In-Person Learning