Information on the Coronavirus
Dear NCS Parents and Guardians:
Because the health and safety of students is always our first priority, I wanted to take a minute to pass along information related to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. As you are probably aware, the Coronavirus was first found in Wuhan, China, and it leads to fever, cough, and trouble breathing or shortness of breath.
Because the Coronavirus is very new, health experts are carefully watching how it causes illness, and providing regular guidance to schools on how to best minimize the spread of all respiratory viruses. With this in mind, the New York State Department of Health is recommending that individuals take the following preventative measures:
Please know that the Naples Central School District has been in regular contact with health officials regarding the Coronavirus, and that we will communicate with our school family if updated recommendations become available. In addition, I would invite you to review the materials linked below from NYS Department of Health as well as from the Center for Disease Control, or contact one of our school nurses if you would like additional information.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Thank you as always for your support, and please do not hesitate to call (585-374-7901) or email (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
Matt Frahm, Superintendent
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
NYS Department of Health
Laura Finnan—High School Nurse (374-7914, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kelly VandeSande—Elementary School Nurse (374-7957, email@example.com)