NCS Begins High School Principal Search
Dear NCS Family:
When it comes to school related factors influencing academic achievement, research suggests that the role of the principal is exceeded only by the quality of teachers working directly with students. With this in mind, we will be conducting a thorough search for our next Naples High School Principal as Mrs. Ashton prepares for her new position as the Superintendent of the Honeoye Central School District.
To help guide our hiring process, we will be putting together a leadership profile for our next High School Principal. If you have a free minute in the days ahead, I am hoping that you might consider taking this brief survey to share the qualities you believe are most important for the position.
In addition, if you are interested in serving on a hiring committee, please send me a quick email (email@example.com) at some point in the next week. In order to participate in the process, you would need to be able to attend a question-writing session the week of December 16-20 and commit to interviewing candidates the week January 13-17. (More detailed information will be provided once the committees have been identified.)
Thank you for your support, and for taking the time to provide input in the hiring of our next High School Principal here in Naples.
Matt Frahm, Superintendent
Naples High School Principal Search Anticipated Timeline
- November 15-December 9: High School Principal Application Period
- November 15-November 29: Creation of Leadership Profile
- December 9-December 20: Screening of Applications/Applicants
- December 16-20: Creation of Stakeholder Interview Questions and Performance Tasks
- January 13-15: Stakeholder Interviews of 3-4 Finalists
- January 16-21: Final Interview with Superintendent
- January 22: High School Principal Appointed by Board of Education
- February/March: Start Date of New High School Principal